Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Weekend



Yes, I've taken a month off from posting. No excuses other than being too busy. Yesterday I was longing for a weekend where I had nothing to do and I could just relax and read a book or enjoy a beach picnic without the nagging feeling of incomplete work waiting for me at home.

My friend Lenka, her daughter Laelle, and sister/auntee Jessica visited just after Christmas. I'm going to devote another blog to their visit and attempt to upload a video of a lady grabbing Laelle and pulling her into the dancing merriment that was the tramp following Jamesie and the AllStars band up through Fredericksted to the Festival Village.

Instead I'm posting a photo of Fredericksted on our last day here with them. It was one of those sun drenched balmy days that captivates and converts visitors into residents. The photos don't do it justice, but provide only still-frame glimpses of the ideal tropical island day.

That's Laelle on the left talking to scuba divers she spotted rising to the to the surface after diving the F'sted pier. The other is just blue water and blue sky over Fredericksted.

I may be busy, but you can relax at Haypenny Rest.

No comments: