Sunday, May 06, 2007

Welcome to my business adventure

I like B&Bs. I like the concept of gaining a bit more than surface detail about a certain locale. If one stays in a corporate hotel one can count on a private bath, cable television and now-a-days wireless service. Yet, corporate hotels can be generic. How is a room in Peoria different from one in Pensacola? Moreover, what does the traveler learn about that location from the hotel?

At a bed and breakfast; however, the baths may be shared, the rooms may not have phone or wireless, but then a certain kind of traveler takes a trip to get away from the generic everyday. Given the opportunity, I would like to learn more about a place: scraps of history, tastes of culture, glimpses inside the everyday life of residents.

Sixty channels of cable television are less important. Why should some actor, anchor, or reality participant get all the action? Travel is not a time to be passive, in my opinion. Travel is your own unique adventure.

I am thrilled to open this bed and breakfast and thrilled to check off a goal on life’s to-do list. I look forward to sharing our little piece of America’s Paradise with like-minded travelers. So, welcome.

No comments: